Monday, June 23, 2008

The Lazy Days of Summer

Lazy for the kids anyway! Having three children at home all day is anything but lazy for me. The kids are enjoying the summer so far. They have seen a couple of movies, picked strawberries, gone to storytime at the library, gone to the mall, had lunch with Alex and Emily, and of course gone swimming!! We go to the pool at least twice a week, sometimes more. We usually pack a lunch and make a day of it. I know Nate thinks I just go and lay out at the pool. He doesn't understand why I am so tired when we get home. By the time I pack up everything (sunscreen, towels, swim diapers, toys, lunch, change of clothes for Jase, cup for Jase and drink for me) and then get us to the pool and unload I am already tired. Then the fun starts! I get all three kids sunscreened and equipped with the proper floatation and then sit on the edge of my seat and constantly count 1, 2, 3 kids. It's hard trying to keep an eye on all three at the same time! They each want to do their own thing going back and forth between the big pool and the baby pool. Overall the kids have a blast and it is a good way to spend the day for me. I included a few pictures from the pool today. It only took about 7 attempts to get the picture of Jonathan and Micah jumping in together!

No comments: