Friday, September 19, 2008

Justin is Eating!!

I got to breastfeed Justin for the first time today! He latched on and nursed for about 8 minutes the first time and then after a short nap he nursed for about 6-7 minutes. He stayed nice and calm the whole time, respiratory rate stayed in the 40's and O2 sats stayed above 95 %. His IV fluids are being decreased and should be off by tomorrow morning. Our plan right now is for me to go for the regular 2 visits tomorrow and then go up Sunday morning and stay until he leaves. If I go on Sunday and he feeds well all day then he should be discharged about 4 or 5 that afternoon. I am very excited but trying not to get my hopes up too much. Any little setback could another day or two to his stay. Right now we are just being hopeful for Sunday. Thanks for the prayers! I'll keep you updated.

No comments: